Symantec sucks big time! Guess it's time to retire Sygate personal firewall. <sigh>

James Maki wrote:

(I corrected the subject line)
I guess this will be the end of a free version of Sygate Personal Firewall and the beginning of the product being screwed up.. Has Symantec ever acquired any product and then made real improvements? (Norton, Central Point Software, Winfax, Ghost, etc.). Jim Maki

    *From:* Francisco Tapia

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/sXQaBx5Sybx8rO/Symantec-Scoops-Up-Sygate-Technologies.xhtml

    I've been using Sygate for quite some time, and it's been an
    excellent product.  I currently run the Pro version on my home
system, and have found it to be a great value, This corp buy out leaves me wondering how well the next defenition
    files will be like, and what support might be like for the product.

-- -Francisco