And I'm sure everyone's overjoyed to know that the Pentagon's Patriot Day festivities are still fully funded...

On 9/1/05, j m g < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NYC gets ton's of federal aid.  Museums, bridges, hospitals, tons of cash go to various projects/causes, both infrastructure and fluff.

On 9/1/05, Christopher Fisk < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, CW wrote:

>>> The issue is that the repair, maintenance, and beefing-up of the
>>> levees, the very levees that broke through, was STOPPED in 2004, for the
>>> first time in 37 years, because of the Bushies massive budget cuts.
>>
>> Why didn't the city of NO pick up where the federal government stopped?
>> I mean hell, it's thier Levees!

New York City has it's own tax collection.  Send out the collector and get
money to work the Levees.  It's not a state issue, it's a city one.  That
is what I'm saying.

Christopher Fisk
--
A FIRE DRILL DOES NOT DEMAND A FIRE
A FIRE DRILL DOES NOT DEMAND A FIRE

--
-jmg

Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.
Henry Brooks Adams [1838-1918]