ran the ibm diagnostic, just says problem with drive contact drive manufacturer.

still freaks me that wd's sw says it is not a wd drive even though the model number is clearly listed in the sw.

weird

At 07:52 PM 9/25/2005, joeuser Poked the stick with:
Thanks for follow up... 5 months too bad

FORC5 wrote:

never got around to that one, could still for grins but ran out of places to beat my head on the wall :{)
wd says jumper/cable problem
new cable, tried cs, master etc.
occasionally will boot after a fixmbr
spare drive boots every time
windows diagnostics from wd says all is well, not.
in the box and rma issued. drive is 5 months old.
fp
At 04:10 PM 9/25/2005, joeuser Poked the stick with:

What did IBM diag say?

FORC5 wrote:

drive keeps coming up disk boot failure, even sometimes after fixmbr
ghosted to another drive and it it boots fine.
new drive on the way ( rma advance shipment )
have to talk them into a new MB, this one is from 02 running a 1400 tbird (iwill)
needs to be upgraded for sure.
fp
At 12:27 PM 9/25/2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] Poked the stick with:

----- Original Message ----- From: "FORC5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>