----- Original Message ----- From: "FORC5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Dell FP monitor

Costco rocks for returns.
I try to buy all printers and monitors there.
fp

They may have some sweetheart deal with LCD monitor manufacturers allowing the return of all monitors with bad pixels. The monitor manufacturer may send those monitors to the suppliers of independent computer dealers like ASI. They know a monitor with a dead pixel will go on a one way trip when it is sold through an independent computer dealer. That dealer's supplier will not take it back because the monitor manufacturer will not take it back.

The end user expects the same warranty service from the mom and pop computer shop that Office Depot offers. This is why there is no way a small computer shop can sell anything outside of the computer case at a price as low as Office Depot etc. In most situations the wholesale price we buy at is higher than the street price at Office Depot.

This is why that if it is not the case or goes into the case, I do not sell it.

Chuck