> On a a related matter, I was reading an article, I think it
> was Maximum PC, about burning. One interesting point was that
> if you are having trouble with a stand alone machine reading
> burned media, ...slow down the speed of the burn so the
> divits are more marked, and more representative of pressed
> media. I have not tried this yet but it makes sense.

This is the only way I can get audio CDs to work in my car. I've tried
different media and different speeds and the only way to get a reliable
Audio CD to play is to use VariRec on my Plextor Premium CD-RW. This burns
at a constant 4x and dynamically adjusts the laser power and offset to give
you the best burn....or something like that :)

I'm sure there is a better explanation on the Plextor site, in fact here you
go
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/G00009.htm

N.