At one point I think I tried all the newsreaders and even bought a couple -
gave away my purchased copy of Newsbin Pro and the other one I purchased and
don't even remember the name right now.

For a reader that handles multiple services, is very customizable, fast,
etc. I have used Newspro http://www.netwu.com/newspro/ exclusively and am
EXTREMELY happy with it. It has a steeper learning curve than most, does not
have all the cutesy stuff that some have, but when it come to performance,
reliability, ability to handle partial messages, etc, I 'think' it is best.