----- Original Message ----- From: "FORC5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Net slow today?

must be that electronic gunk

Other than pure spam, I can name one cause of wasted bandwidth on email. Clog up enough bandwidth and the Internet has to slow down. There should be a way to stop people from sending you unwanted email, period! Then it could be made illegal to divert email in a way that the sender has no idea you do not wish to receive their mail. Currently billions of emails go to delete or dead files and the sender has no idea the recipient does not want to be on their mailing list. Multiply this times billions of addresses over eternity as there is no finite end to this problem. If you were to maintain an address for 50 years and diverted unwanted mail, potentially the sender could waste bandwidth sending you millions of emails during that 50 year period. Surely there should be some method devised to put a stop to wasting of bandwidth in this manner.

I am just venting frustration as I know we live in a wasteful society and bandwidth is only a small portion of that waste.

Chuck