this has been building up for a while now...today it got worse....I hoped the PC up, cleaned out the dust, remove the SB and clearned the slot connected, then reinserted...static popping still present in front and center channels, not in rear. Popping doesn't seem to match up to any activity, other than the PC being on...it did get seemingly worse when I connected my iPod to the front firewire port. but generally it's crappy, poppy sound 24/7 now. If I disconnect from the speakers, no sound, so I think it's coming from the SB. My speakers are the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1s.

what to try next? I'm at the SB site trying to find some "knowledge" there. so far, nothing.