At 07:54 AM 12/9/2005, you wrote:
Going to list some stuff on ebay, haven't done this in many years. I do have a paypal account but have never really used it ( once I think ) Paypal is asking me to *verify* with bank info, I hesitate. How does one receive money, never done this ?

They want you to do this for two reasons. They figure if you have a bank account you have been checked out, SSN, phone, etc, by the bank, and you are not just setting up the Paypal account for a fraudulent use.

Second, because they can pull money, or put money in, directly from a bank account without paying credit card fees. Although, you always have the option of using a credit card from purchases. Remember, you are only charged by Paypal for sales. If you exceed 100 dollars in any one month you will have to set up a "sellers account"

I was bothered by this years ago and set up a separate free checking account to handle these kinds of transactions, but I have never had any kind of problem.

You will be surprised just how easy money transfers happens. Regardless of what your bank may tell you, any legal financial institution that has the right numbers, and is part of the international banking system can pull, or put money into any account. You won't need to sign anything or notify your bank.

Is this necessary ? Still digging but figure the pack would be faster. :})

Paypal, which is owned by Ebay now, (which is a good thing) is absolutely necessary. You could insist that people send you a check or money order, but 95 percent will expect to use Ebay. Personally, I have to REALLY want something to go to the problem of sending a check, plus you have none of the protections of the credit card and or Paypal. You will alienate a lot of buyers if you insist on a check mailed to you.

thanks
Fred Paxia
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !
--
All warranties expire upon payment of this invoice.