Ever since I installed Nero 7 I have had nothing but problems.

I first installed it on my Dual Xeon box = XP PRO SP2. After the reboot I couldn't get back in to windows... finally gave up, and had to restore my weekly image file.

So I figured it didn't like dual processors so I installed it on my Media Box with a new BenQ Lightscribe burner. It couldn't see the BenQ burner. Wrote tech support asking for a solution and never heard back from them.

Yesterday was the last straw. I tried to burn a audio CD using a mp3 play list I have burned many times before. It is a Christmas collection I created many years ago. It burned without any indication of a problem, and it plays on any player, but some of the tracks are slightly screwed up. Passages are accelerated or unclear, and the music is sometimes rushed and or jumbled.

This PC dual boots two XP PRO SP2 installs on separate partitions. I have installed Nero 7 on both with the same problem. I have tried different media, I have tried it with the new BenQ DVD CDRW, and also a very reliable Lite ON CDRW 52 speed. I have done lots of different test with always the same result. It is Nero 7 that is causing the problem.

My advice is to stay away from 7 unless you want to pay for the privilege of being a beta tester!