http://housecall.trendmicro.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Last month I lost the hd on my main office system.  I'm on a temp machine with
word97 and excel97 installed.
Put in most of the needed patches and sr's for both. For the last 3 days, I've been seeing a warning msg whenever I try to open any of my word docs. The msg appears incomplete and uses a character I can not find on the kbd.
Msg looks like: "word cannot open the existing " (ends with what looks like a
small square)

Would this be an indication of a word macro virus?  I have not seen one of
these since back in 1996. Hmm.
I do have my normal.dot set to read-only. It was a clean version from 1998.

If so, anyone have links to a scanner/cleaner?

Thank you.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net