At 22:30 12/15/05, FORC5 wrote:
Do you think my Win2k will boot (and allow me to update other hardware)
if I upgrade motherboards (PIII board to P4 board, both with Intel chipsets)
but move the same SCSI card into the new motherboard?

should not be a problem but w2k can be very anal sometimes.

Thanks Fred. I needed some moral support before taking the plunge.

Also, thanks to Chris Reeves who wrote

Yes, I've done this exact same thing on W2k Server a few times.

and to Wayne Johnson who wrote

Have done it several times with Win2k, Xp & once with 2k3 without a problem. At most you may need the SCSI drivers on a floppy to re-install during boot
up but usually that isn't even req'd.

Sounds like I should be okay.

Regards,
Bill