Just to let you know what happens on this kind of botched install, beware, WinXP will try to run.  It will set itself up.  It won't be able to automatically set the screen resolution (won't even try), but the main problem will be trying to install drivers.  If they use the Windows Install Shield, you will get an error announcing that the Windows Installer cannot be started.  Without any other explanation, of course.

Steve