On 23 Dec 2005 at 18:13, Neil Atwood wrote:

> One thing is very, very clear: Jesus claimed to be the incarnate Son
> of God, and any other conclusion as to his nature and role was
> unacceptable to him. So, if you want a discussion about that, we have
> to start there and use the best source material available: the Bible.

I would be careful about taking a bible literally:

* The bible states that slavery is OK as long as it involves people from
foreign lands

* The bible considers women as property

* The bible states you cannot wear clothes made of two different types of
fabric

* The bible states that one cannot separate fruit from the seed on the Sabbath,
which means you can’t eat watermelon on Sunday

* The biblical reference to not engaging in homosexual acts only refers to men,
not women
(apparently God has the same rule as the Playboy Mansion)

Vince