At 12:46 PM 12/29/2005, Steve Tomporowski typed:
Now I want to get rid of Win2k. Actually I'd like to reformat the C drive. However, there seems to be stuff in the C root like boot.ini that includes reference to both installs. I fear that the C: is really the boot drive. Can I just reformat and do a repair install? Or is the repair necessary. I don't want to have to start off from scratch again.....

Just edit out the Win2k part from the boot.ini file & delete everything that has to do with Win2k such as the i386 folder & you should be done.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>