Same with me, it was as simple as windows telling me an update was available, I installed it. Same patch as you detailed. I assume this "fixed' the problem..

To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 5:28 AM
Subject: Re: [H] WMF fix out

----- Original Message ----- From: "warpmedia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:06 PM

But nowhere in the advisory posted is the term "WMF" was more what I was trying to say. On closer inspection is does mention WMF only to say this advisory is not related.

I may not be talking about the same thing here (correct me if I am wrong) but I did not download and install the third party (I guess) patch software for the recent issues. I waited for and downloaded KB912919 yesterday and installed it. I am sure many who installed the other one will forget to uninstall it prior to installing KB912919. Many forget to reboot after each uninstall and install.

Chuck