Hmm  I just connected to my Win2K SNAP box with Real VNC and the CPU on
the NAS box was flipping back and forth between 3 and 4 percent CPU time
while idling.  When I open something, it spikes to 29-30 percent for a
brief second, but then drops again.

That does not seem too awfully high and this is on real old CPQ box with
only a P2 600, so it's a slow PC.  It has 384megs of RAM, with an Adaptec
2400a running IDE drives as RAID5 I use for remote file storage.

Since I only use it for file storage, I probably don't see CPU spikes like
you do with playing back video and such.

--

JRS       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Please remove  **X**  to reply...

Facts do not cease to exist just