At 07:56 PM 1/8/2006, Winterlight Poked the stick with:

>>FWIW I had a similar problem and it seems my modem was not on the *approved*
>>list anymore so got a new Motorola from Cox for $60 and all is better, have
>>not had to reset the modem once. ( the router a couple of times) but the
>>modem has been a rock.
>>Tallyho ! ]:8)
>

>So they will sell you a modem?

went to the Cox store, they added it to my bill and inputed the mac address
there so when I got back it plugged right in.

>At 06:27 PM 1/8/2006, you wrote:
>>Before ditching Cox I would first see upgrading your cable modem to a current
>>generation model will help. Verizon's DSL can't compete with the bandwidth
>>Cox is giving away practically for free. This is why FIOS is being heavily
>>invested.
>
>Thing is my modem is a Linksys BEFCMU10, about three and half years old,  that
>is on their approved list
>
>Standard Specification Compliant  DOCSIS 1.0
> Hardware Version  3.0
> Software Version  1.0.7 (befcmu10v108-test0925.bin)
> Cable Modem MAC Address  00:06:25:AE:18:C6
> Cable Modem Serial Number  KBG2316676
> CPE-end Interface  Ethernet + USB
> CM certificate  RSA Key Pair Installed
>
>You still think it could be the modem?

Possibility along with bad cable somewhere, I had them chance some ends once
when the cable was fuzzy. When they installed the phone drop to the street the
installer used inside connectors which failed.
All I know is my problems stopped when I put in the new modem, YMMV.
Is there, and is it possible to do a firmware update to these modems ? I have
no idea myself, my old modem was supposedly up gradable but no way I ever saw
to actually do it. :-(
Luck
fp

--