At 07:24 AM 13/01/2006, Jim Edwards wrote:
I once had this idea of a anti-christ type novel that would be about an evil chip business and an evil software business. The evil chippers would build some kind of evilness in the chips. It would lay dormant (evil chip co. commanded by hell to do this but don't know why) and the evil software co. (would be told by hell, not knowing why) to put additional evil code (that would work the evil chip stuff in a really bad, bad way) in the OS. Evil chip and evil software would be for the coming of HELL!!!! 666 and all that crap, it would be triggered by BHOS (black hats of satan) but would ultimately be thwarted by white hats (unknowingly) doing Gods work. Gee, maybe I should contact Mel Gibson.

Isn't this the story of Microsoft and Intel? (Or if you prefer, the story of Apple and Motorola?) <grin>