But with "lowly" 66/64 PCI providing 512MB/s of bandwidth, I don't think it is a concern at all--even if it shares with everything else onboard..

Greg

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry McGregor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [H] PCI Compatability

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 14:25 -0500, Ben Ruset wrote:
This is a 1U HP Opteron box, so there is only 1 PCI-X slot. I don't know
if there are any internal devices on the MB that share the same bus.

What model of HP Opteron is it?  I am guessing that it has two PCI-X
buses, as that is what the AMD chipset has.

The question is, is the slot on the same bus as the onboard GigE, etc.

Harry

Thanks for the answer, though. I don't want to have to spend $600 for
the PCI-X HBA when I can at least get it to see my Netapp with a $60 card.

<snip>