lol, yes????  ;)  I was in Canada skiing, hence the slow reply ;)

If you think that the Subaru WRX STI feels like a plastic bucket, you obviously
haven't been in a Saturn lately.  Now that feels like it's going to fall apart
right from under you.

I bought a Subaru WRX STI for a couple of reasons: I regularly go through 6+"'s
of snow on the weekends, so I needed something AWD/4WD. My brother in law had a
Forrester that went over 175k without anything other than
oil/brakes/tune-ups/tires. Good gas milage. To summarize: Fast, great handling,
good in the snow and reliable.

Subaru's are definitely not for everyone though.  If you want comfort, the
Subaru Legacy GT is one hell of a car for the money, but not everyone wants to
drive a "Subaru".  For 5k more than a full outfitted Legacy GT, you can get a
AWD 325XI.  For that you get -50HP, -75lbs/ft of torque, no limited-slip
differential, less leg room, no lumbar support or heated seats and less of a
warrenty.  Oh and you do get a cool little blue and white symbol, which means
more to most people than the technical specifications.

FYI: I live in a town (DC) where every other car is a BMW, Porsche or Lexus.
I've been in and driven a huge number of cars since I'm the preseident of the
DC All Wheel Drive car club (www.dcawd.com).  Every time someone takes a drive
in a STI or a Legacy, they understand where I am coming from.  Most will admit
right then and there though that they paid extra for the status symbol.

ok, I'll stop now ;)

Julian Zottl
CTO, Radiant Network Technology, LLC
Getting ahead in the tech sector isn't about kissing butt ... you gotta sniff
the right packets