On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Thane Sherrington (S) wrote:

What about the ones not published?

Well, according to Systernals, it would take technology not yet seen in a rootkit to get around Rootkit Revealer. It would have to be specifically written to intercept RR calls to directly look at the registry and hard drive files. So right now, it seems like a pretty good tool.

I'm not saying it's not a good tool, I'm saying (And they admit) that it's certainly not 100%.

Christopher Fisk
--
[Meg walks in on Quagmire with a hooker]
Glen Quagmire: Hey, Meg, you just bought me another three minutes. Giggidy