I still have an old Keytronic KB101-1 capacitance keyboard. It is the finest keyboard I have ever used....bar none. None of the others are even close. These new membrane boards are strictly throwaways and certainly not worth wasting any repair time on. Are the two boards you have physically damaged, e.g., case, keys, main logic board? If it's just pressure domes and switches I may be able to help you. I was in Keytronic Tech support for awhile and have a couple of bags of parts.....no keys though.

BTW what was so special about a membrane(AKA non-repairable) to pay $200.00?

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "warpmedia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Are all keyboards basically the same?

My feelings after many keyboards has come down to this: Get one that uses switches not membrane.

That's after

1. Owning 2 Keytronics, who voided my lifetime warranty for "spillage" caused by spaying cleaner on the keyboard (i.e. bullshit excuse).

2. MS Natural, Rev 1 or so. Printing wore off, stiction on key travel after a few months.

3. 3 logitechs. One goes unsupported (pre-iTouch); On another, eventually required an elephant typist after 2 years (membrane); A 1.5 year old MX that despite being totally disassembled & cleaned by hand, never since worked right mechanically (key travel has stiction) even though electrically the membrane works fine; Lastly a $200 DiNovo abortion that seems to consistently miss the "A" & "CTRL" keys unless hit just right (membrane).

My next keyboard will at least have switches & likely corded.

FORC5 wrote:
personally like Keytronic with the large enter key.
fp

At 10:31 AM 2/14/2006, Veech Poked the stick with:
For me a keyboard is a keyboard, is there any significant difference between the ones that cost $20 and $120? I'll probably just nab one off of NewEgg. I do some moderate gaming, but I rarely program a bunch of hot-keys. Any
recs would be appreciated..