At 07:28 AM 2/16/2006, Jim Edwards typed:
So I start ie with a page like comcast.net But I immediately want to put "powerball" in the address bar to go to powerball.com but midway through the entry the comcast.net hijacks the text to their 'search' space on the page. how can this be stopped?

Hmmm, no problems here but I just copied & pasted the url. I do searches from the address bar all the time so I wouldn't want that disabled. Once you have powerball.com bookmarked can you turn the searches back on then still get to the url ???

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>