----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Turnbull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 8:53 AM
Subject: [H] Motherboard upgrade gotcha

transferred from another computer. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created and the license of new operating system software is required.

I predict that Vista will end repairable computers. Microsoft may very well choose to simply end it for us small OEM's. After all, we produce a product that outlasts a name brand anyway.

OR

Microsoft may simply choose to rent Windows. Either way, Microsoft wins and the customer loses and I have to go get a real job.

Chuck