I have a COX account, and up until recently have been using COX for SMTP for all my accounts. I also have domains hosted with Godaddy. Godaddy allows for SMTP access. You have to enable SMTP on the Godaddy account, and set parameters, as well as specify the correct port in Eudora ini, but once you do that SMTP works fine. But there is one glitch that I have not been able to resolve.

The above procedure works just fine if I am creating a new email account that has never used Godaddy as SMTP, but will not work if I try to change an existing account that uses COX for SMTP to Godaddy SMTP.

I delete the account in Eudora <Personalities>, and then go into the ini file, and remove all mention of the account. Then close Eudora, start it up and create the new account with Godaddy SMTP... it doesn't work. ... unless, of course, I set it up again with COX SMTP. POP of course works fine with my own domain mail server = Godaddy.

There has to be another file entry somewhere that specifies COX for this account, that isn't being erased... any ideas?