----- Original Message ----- From: "Mesdaq, Ali" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:04 PM
Subject: RE: [H] Microsoft Says Recovery from Malware Becoming Impossible

Exactly what we were debating a few weeks ago. Where are those "I can
clean any infection" guys at now?

Format Drive C and do a clean install is looking lots better to many of you now. I was never a networker nor did I ever deal with Windows NT. I did hear that businesses ran Windows NT clean and simple on a small partition, keeping their important data on another partition, better yet, that other partition being on both the workstation computer and the server, making 2 data storage partitions. They had only a few applications to reinstall. When Windows went bad, they simply formatted Drive C, reinstalled Windows and the few applications and were back in business. My point is the format and clean install is more effective, even if it takes 5 seconds longer than trying to clean up a C Drive. Most realize that formatting and reinstalling is best once 5 hours of hard works is to no avail.

Chuck