At 08:53 PM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
You could save a lot of money by going to eBay. A quick search revealed a brand new OEM battery for around half the price of the generics listed on Froogle.

Greg

Thanks, I didn't think of Ebay. 15 bucks for a battery ! Can I trust it not to leak, or die right away, or blow up... a crap shoot I guess....I just read a article in PC World about counterfeit batteries. Still, it is very tempting.

Anybody buy a laptop battery off Ebay, any personal experience or recommendation.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Winterlight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:01 PM
Subject: [H] Thinkpad T23 dying battery

My Thinkpad T23 Li-ion battery is dying. It lasts about 30 minutes. I guess there is no way to "refresh" them, like a NICAD , is there?

First time I had a laptop battery go bad....these things are expensive... any suggestions on where to buy one?

 Any reason I shouldn't buy a generic on like this
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-47,GGLG:en&q=Thinkpad+T23+Battery