At 01:23 PM 4/19/2006, Thane Sherrington (S) typed:
Follow up question. Windows shows the RAIDed drives as four separate drives, each the size of the physical drive. Acronis shows them as five separate Promise 1+0 Stripe/RAID 0 - I've never used RAID 0 - is it reasonable to assume that the drives are striped, but that there is a C: drive that has the Windows and programs on it, and then a D, E, and F that have data? If this is the case, and all I want to do is reformat the drive holding Windows and reinstall Windows, then I assume I just have to figure out which of the drives holds Windows and make a backup of that drive (in case there is data on it.) Am I right?

You should find out all you need to know by going to the Promise Properties in the DM. My Windows Explorer shows striped drives as one drive & I have to look at the SIL properties to tell that they are 2 separate drives. If is not the case for you then I'd say the Promise Raid Arrays were never setup especially since you state the 4 separate drives that shows up in Windows [Explorer or DM] is the same physical size as the drives. I also have a NVraid that I've never setup an array on yet have individual SATA drives off of it which sounds to me like what you have except maybe your drives are PATA which shouldn't make any difference.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>