This is more of "Will my machine boot a USB mass-storage device" & "Will Windows setup see it & allow me to install to it" question than specifically USB thumb drives.

Good writeup, wonder if there is a boot loader redirect (System Commander, Lilo, etc...) solution for systems with BIOS' that don't do bootstrap for USB drives.

Of course MS says it won't work, it would require them to make the changes from the article or an OEM provided "Press F6" additional drivers solution.

V. Cool, think I'll Digg it.

Wayne Johnson wrote:
At 01:48 PM 4/22/2006, JRS typed:
MS says it can't be done, anyone try this yet?

http://www.ngine.de/index.jsp?pageid=4176

There are some that have done it with BartPE from a thumbdrive but I've yet to get it to run at all on any of my machines.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>