At 11:01 AM 4/26/2006, Thane Sherrington (S) typed:
Maybe so, but as people will remember from my tests on real world machines - reading all files on the hard drive - the speed improvements I saw were more in the 5-7% range.

I usually tell my clients 10% & that if they just remember to defrag once in a while that should be good enough & that it doesn't have to be scheduled. If they claim that their memory is bad then I tell them one can't do any harm by defragging whenever they can't remember when they did it last so don't lose any sleep over it.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>