At 08:09 AM 29/04/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Oh, I am supposed to prove Dell pays only $20.00 for a CPU and perhaps less for Windows Home OEM? This is easy. Just add up these 8 components in the price of a $300.00 to $500.00 name brand computer.

Case
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Modem
Hard drive
DVD-CDR/W
Windows XP Home OEM

There simply is not enough wiggle room there for them to pay any more than $20.00 for a CPU and for Windows XP Home OEM.

So you are assuming that they only get great prices on CPUs and Windows? Why wouldn't they be getting vastly better prices than we do on all components given that they sell millions of times more product?