On 5/9/06, FORC5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
been still shopping, a Brother laser caught my eye, lots of features and
compact.
Is brother a good or bad laser ?

I've used them for several years and have been happy with their
performance considering they are one of the cheapest lasers you can
get.  As long as you go with one that has a standard language
installed, like PCL emulation where you can use a standard driver like
an HPLJ4 or something, since I have had issues with certain apps,
mainly those that use Crystal Reports runtime.  I think the problem is
with Crystal as that app is junk, but it's always nice to know you can
use a WHQL driver that's built into every version of MS Windows
without having to resort to  downloads or hacks.  A business class HP
is best, but they are often twice as expensive, toner and hardware.