Bryan, THE BEST? I have been looking to upgrade my monitor. In the past I
have always bought Samsung whom I think mixes price/performance really well.

I don't know who makes the monitors for Dell but it seems to me a
manufacture is always going to make the monitors that carry their name a
little bit better than rebadged ones.

So could you enlighten me a little more on your assessment (ie, meat and
potatoes, lol)

Dell doesn't use just one panel manufacturer. Each model uses a different panel. The 2405FPW uses Samsung's PVA LTM240M1-L01 panel. The 2407WFP uses Samsung's S-PVA LTM240M2 panel. The 3007WFP uses the LG.Philips S-IPS (superior IMO) LM300W01 panel.

Greg