How do you remove it once installed? And I mean the one that installs as a automatic critical update...they started this one a few months ago.

At 11:55 AM 6/11/2006, you wrote:
Oh it most certainly can be removed and prevented

CW

From: Winterlight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:31:27
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Windows Validation tool

Automatic Windows update installed the Windows Validation tool, and nothing
happened, but I read that this thing now calls home everyday, and reports
your IP address, BIOS version, and Windows version.

I am not thrilled about this but I have looked around, and discovered that
once installed, this thing can't be removed. What I don't understand is why
Zone Alarm has never asked me to OK a outgoing Internet message to MS??