-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Chris Reeves
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:55 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Windows Validation tool

Oh it most certainly can be removed and prevented

CW

From: Winterlight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:31:27
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Windows Validation tool

Automatic Windows update installed the Windows Validation tool, and nothing
happened, but I read that this thing now calls home everyday, and reports
your IP address, BIOS version, and Windows version.

I am not thrilled about this but I have looked around, and discovered that
once installed, this thing can't be removed. What I don't understand is why
Zone Alarm has never asked me to OK a outgoing Internet message to MS??

--
-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!