http://netsecurity.about.com/od/firewalls/a/aa081804b.htm
http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/other/0,39020682,39163267,00.htm

Every article that comes up on a quick Google search says that it does
nothing for outbound traffic.  Maybe something else triggered it in
your case, or maybe it saw incoming traffic and warned you.

On 6/24/06, Wayne Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 12:06 PM 6/24/2006, Brian Weeden typed:
>Windows SP2 firewall won't cut it because it only blocks
>incoming and freely passes any outgoing traffic.

I'm afraid that's NOT totally accurate. When I installed Sp2 on my
laptop Windows Firewall notified me of jrew.exe wanting to pass data
outbound so I had to create an exception since it was for an online
fax service plugin for Office that I was testing at the time.  Is it
Microsoft's fault that most machines that Sp2 gets installed on are
clean at the moment of installation?

OBTW & FWIW I'm not a "fanboy" as I still won't use their Remote
Desktop because of security concerns that have supposedly been fixed
since Xp came out so you see I understand "once burned twice shy".

    Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>

--