To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [H] curing system slowdown

At 04:18 PM 18/07/2006, Veech wrote:
wow, very generous offer.  Thanks Thane...

You can use the tasklist command from the command prompt if you want to just get a list of currently running processes:
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/processes.html#TaskList

And you can use Autoruns from here:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html

To save a list of the startup items.

Or send me a HiJackThis log.  That might be the easiest to start with.