From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 7:25 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [SPAM SUSPECT] Re: [H] USB devices not being released...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bobby Heid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Hardware List'" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 7:17 AM

> You can't close them as far as I know.  They have services that run all of
> the time.

I usually click on "Stop" a 2nd time and that works for me over 90% of the
time. Do not simply unplug a USB external hard drive or switch it off. This
may mess up the file and/or partition structure thus making the data
unreadable. Been there, done that. Shut the computer down before you switch
off or unplug the external hard drive, unless your clicking on "Stop"
worked.

Chuck