-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Weeden
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 6:32 PM
To: hwg
Subject: [H] Problem after partition merge

I had my 1 TB RAID array divided up into multiple partitions because I
needed to be using FAT32.  Now I am converting it to NTFS so I wanted
to merge them all together.  They are mostly filled with data so I
needed to do it on the fly.

I used Partition Magic to first convert the partitions from FAT32 to
NTFS, then merge 3 into 1.  During the process, PM asked what folder
name I wanted to use for the files that got moved off the absorbed
partition.

Once it completed, I rebooted and everything looked fine.  However,
those folders that were created for the merged data are not
accessible.  I get a "<folder> is not accessible.  Access is denied"
error when trying to access them.  Looking at the properties, they
have a size of 0 bytes and 0 folders.

Is that data gone for good?  Does it look like my faith in PM was
misplaced this time?

--
Brian