Hi guys, I need some help here. I am posting this
under Graphics Technology, because I am mainly
concerned about graphics, but this question bridges to
CPU performance a bit too.

Okay, I have a Winchester A64 3000+ Which I can
overclock and have overclocked to 2.45Ghz. At that
speed it is stable and runs [EMAIL PROTECTED] all day long.

That CPU is connected to the MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard.
nForce3 Pro.

The video card I am running is a Sapphire Radeon
X800XT PE AGP.

Now, here is my question.......

Overall in terms of general system performance (i.e.
multi-tasking, dvd encoding, gaming, occasional photo
editing) is my current system better or this one......

Gigabyte 945G
PentiumD 805 @ 3.4Ghz
nVidia 7900GT

I actually have all the above parts (except the VGA
card) on a linux server of mine. The server is using
the onboard GMA 950 card. But lately it has been
gnawing at my brain to know what kind of setup would
be faster.

My A64 or the Pentium D setup.

I can easily sell my GFX card and buy a 7900GT. Also
just out of curiosity, would a 7600 class card be
equal in performance to my X800XT PE card?

Honestly, I am perfectly happy with my A64 system,
but.........if I get better performance from the P4
system then I will go for it.

Also heat and noise are of no importance to me because
I am using a CNPS9500 LED right now in my A64 machine,
and that will go to the Pentium D if I swap.

My case is also extremely well ventilated, so no
worries there too.

Anyways, I am looking forward to a response.