-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Scott Sipe
Sent: 23 August 2006 03:51
To: The Hardware List
Subject: [H] Intel or AMD (Oblivion?)

I absolutely cannot make up my mind..

I want to replace my 6 year old AthlonXP system (GeForce2!). I've got
two raptor SATA drives, and some other bigger drives, so I'm good
disk wise, so I'll be getting new only:

Mobo / CPU / RAM (2gb ram wanted)
Video Card (whatever ATI card I can get a decent deal on)

I'd like to spend in the range of $800 dollars or so (got some
flexibility with price, if some more money raised quality a lot, I
wouldn't mind). Ability to play Oblivion with decent speed is a
plus :-) (though I think SLI is prrobably out my price range)

I can't decide between a Core 2 Duo and an X2. I'm leaning towards
Intel right now (with ability to run OSX better as a plus) but am
having trouble picking Core 2 Duo motherboards--seems like a lot of
new ones are slated to be coming out in the next several months. I do
want to buy within a week or two, and don't want to feel like I'm
buying crap hardware (though I guess that's always a problem...)

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Scott

*******

otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment
from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.

For further information about Clifford Chance please see our website at
http://www.cliffordchance.com or refer to any Clifford Chance office.

This firm is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority.  However, we
are included on the Register maintained by the Financial Services Authority so
that we can carry on insurance mediation activity in the UK, which is broadly
the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts.  This part
of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something
goes wrong, is regulated by The Law Society.   The Register can be accessed via
the Financial Services Authority website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register.