I bought 2 speedzter cases & 7200RPM maxtors in 2003,
started screwing
up after the 1st year via firewire. A few months ago I
attached them to
a GX260 via USB and had the same problems. One is
dead, the other works
via USB as long I leave cover off, dunno about
firewire side.

On the other hand my ADSTech 5.24" case w/ fan has
kept that drive happy
via USB though the fan has started to randomly buzz
last few months.
Easy enough to swap fan in the end.

Thane Sherrington wrote:
> At 02:11 PM 11/09/2006, j maccraw wrote:
>> No fan is bad idea in the long run.
>
> How long a run?  I've been running an 80GB 7200 for
over a year with no