I'm working on reworking my office/gaming/TV combo room. I have a few 21 and 19 CRT monitors I want to replace (get rid of!) to save space.

I'm have been looking at LCD monitors recently, trying to get the lingo and facts down on them.

Reviewing specs like Response Time needing to be low (2ms, 5ms, 8ms, etc), contrast ratio needing to be high (700:1, 600:1, 500:1, etc), brightness needing to be high (270 cd/m2, 300 cd/m2, etc), native resolutions needing to be in the range I like to play the game, and having a DVI connection.

I know there have been issues in the past with gaming and LCD monitors with things like ghosting and color but I just don't have any experience with gaming on an LCD monitor.

Are many of you on the list gaming using LCD monitors? How do you like it? I would be interested in reading about your experience with it compared to the CRT or anything you can share from experience I need to look out for.

I have looked at some widescreen options but I think that might frak up some of the views in gaming if the resolution is not supported.

I have been looking at 19's although I have a 21 CRT. I'm not sure of this but I think I read that a 21 inch CRT is comparable to a 20 inch LCD because of how they measure the LCD screen, not sure on that. Don't want to lose too much of my viewable screen since I'm used to a 21 for gaming and flight simulation but I have to consolidate some space here.

The brite screen looking monitors look very nice, I'm wondering if they are worth the price.

Kids in the house make you need to reorganize, at least for me!

Thanks in advance for your input if you have any!

:-)