> From: FORC5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
> Date: 9/21/2006 12:07:11 PM
> Subject: [H] another weird bug
>
> The other night because of the weather I unplugged my box, have done this
b4 with no grief. In the AM it would not start, pushing power button
created a momentary on and off kind of like if one just holds in the power
button. Let it sit figuring I would look latter and when I came back it
started but took a couple of power offs to actual boot and then I got a
bios message that I was not properly shut down and bios was running in safe
mode, enter and exit bios and all is well. Have not shut down since. clock
was on so I figure battery would be OK. Have not checked caps yet, this mb
was changed not to long ago because of bad caps, have a replacement fresh
from Asus. A7N8X deluxe ( getting old )

> I am reading this as a possible early warning of either MB or PSU
failure, any observations appreciated.