I have heard good things about that Samsung laser.

Brother -- ugh. Never had good luck with anything except their fax machines.

Jerry Jones wrote:
Tried the windex on photo paper trick today but it did not help. I ended up calling tech support at Epson and they determined that the black print head was clogged and needed repair. This is the second time this has happenned with this CX4600 and it is only 1 1/2 yrs old. Of course it is out of warranty now but Epson would be glad to let me access their customer loyalty web page and order a new printer at a discount. Not gonna happen.

I am looking at a Samsung laser printer for my father in law. Anyone ever use a low end samsung laser? The model is a Samsung ML-2010. $49.99 after rebate at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828112035
or this Brother HL-2040:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828113160

Any recommendations between these two?