So I got bored and purchased a d/l version of Far Cry (v3.3) for $10 online. I have a P4 3.0, 2G RAM, nVidia 7800GS 256M video card, Dell 2005 FPW LCD, all in all should run this thing fine.

So when I run auto-detect for settings, it selects "high" video card settings (third highest of four settings). I start to play it and experience some intermittent choppiness but not anything severe, more of an occasional hiccup as the scene re-draws. But I just got to the Steam level and about halfway through this thing just totally bogs down, getting like 5FPS, just awful. I had to adjust the video settings all the way down to "low" to be able to play the thing at all.

Has anyone here had a similar problem with Far Cry? I don't know what could be causing such a slowdown especially with such a beefy system.

thanks..