----- Original Message ----- From: "FORC5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [H] MS gets serious about activation

love that, wait for Vista @ $400

That will finish me as an OEM. Microsoft and Intel are widening the gap of the expense to Dell to build a computer and the rest of us. Asus is already building lots cheaper motherboards to try to help us compete, all to no avail. Seldom seen are the Asus true flagship large footprint motherboards. Most have been replaced by the baby boards. Replacing $100.00 motherboards with $50.00 motherboards is not going to get the job done when our price on Windows goes up to double what it is now and Dell still gets Windows at a token.

I have no plans to purchase Vista and continue building computers.

Chuck