To: "The Hardware List" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [H] Is Vista going to be that much better than XP Pro?

I will say this: right now acronis is the only one remotely on the right path with vista in the cloning game imho. Acronis 10 still needs some work but its the > right idea

Have you noticed that most software manufacturers have pushed their "new" versions harder this Fall than in most years? They are riding the wave, selling as many "new" versions as possible before they can then say, "Sorry, folks, your version is not the best for Vista."

Note the yet 2 step process most will take you through.

1. Vista compatiable - This means you really need this! Your 2007 version you bought in October, November or December, 2006 is not "as" Vista compatible as this "new" Vista compatible one. Remember? We went through this in 2001 with Symantec. I have the pics of the box labels!

2. Oops! Sorry, folks. That Vista compatible is not as good as this "new" Made for Vista version. Get it!

When you shoot a person twice, real quick, it is called "double tapping."

What do they call what I just described to sell as many versions of a software product in a 12 month period of time, as possible?

Oh, to the thread. I just bought Acronis 9 to replace my Acronis 8. I love Acronis. I had no idea Acronis 10 was available. It must have been released in the past 30 days.

Chuck