You mean more than one x16 PCIe lane, right? That's the one edge a 975 board has over a 965.

As far as the rest, that is simply not correct. Performance? It's the only intel chipset that officially supports DDR2-800. Overclocking headroom? That's completely based on the manufacturer's design, nothing to do with the chipset. ICH8 is only found on 965 and NOT the 975. PATA is an option on many 965 boards. And find me a 965 that *doesnt* have ethernet.

From: "Greg Sevart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Hardware List'" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: RE: [H] Best Core2 Duo mobo?
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:42:36 -0600

More than 16 PCIe lanes, performance, overclocking headroom... (the rest are
really ICH8/R:) any PATA channels, Ethernet...

It's

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa

Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001